S24H is about performance in ultrarunning, but also about friendship, emotion and fair play.
We, the organization team, are grateful for your energy and support! The fourth edition of the international competition S24H was a success also thanks to each of you. Together we created another quality event and beautiful memories in the S24H Family.
S24H 2019 in numbers
- 111 runners
- 4 races: Individual 6h, Individual 12h, Grosvenor 24h, Visma Relay 12h (teams of 2 and 4 persons)
- 1 exceptional ambassador: the British ultrarunner Dan Lawson
- 1222.48 m route in Parcul Copiilor, Timisoara
- 2 hydration and refreshment points
- 24 hours of live transmission on Facebook
- 37 athletes registered at the National Championship of 6, 12 and 24 hours of running
- 17 sports clubs participating to the Championship
- 21 partners and sponsors
- 60 volunteers
- 3 teams of massage, physiotherapy and cryotherapy
- 88 trophies and prizes (18 – Open, 44 – Age categories, 26 – Relay)
Mara Guler-Cionca and Florin Ionita won the 24-hour race, for Women, respectively for Men, with impressive results. Florin ran 244.545 km, while Mara succeeded to run 215.479 km – the longest distances run at this trial by Romanian sportsmen.
At the 6-hour race – Women, Iulia Ghinga ran 70.25 km, obtaining the best performance up to now at this category, on national level.
At the same time with S24H, the second edition of the National Championship of 6, 12 and 24 hours of running also took place, which appointed its winners:
- National champion 6h running (Men): Roland Unterweger, CS Arad University
- National champion 6h running (Women): Iulia Ghinga, CS Arad University
- National champion 12h running (Men): Daniel Trusca, CSA Dragasani
- National champion 12h running (Women): Alina Preda, Super Sports Club Timisoara
- National champion 24h running (Men): Florin Ionita, Super Sports Club Timisoara
- National champion 24h running (Women): Mara Guler-Cionca, CS Arad University
We would like to work together and bring the S24H competition at the highest level! That’s why, if you participated to S24H 2019, please fill in the feedback form.
The S24H competition is supported by the Romanian Athletics Federation (FRA) and by the International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU). The 24-hour race received this year again the certification Golden Label, granted by IAU, following the special performances obtained by the athletes on our route.
Thank you for being together with us and we are expecting you next year to write together a new story about friendship, ultrarunning and limits exceeded!